Many students are struggling to pay for essentials as we slowly recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Others can’t afford to buy the books and equipment the...
Victoria University’s Student Scholarships
FIELD OF INTEREST
- Education & Training
- Social inclusion & justice
- Asylum seekers, refugees, migrants and people from CALD backgrounds
- People experiencing socio-economic disadvantage or vulnerability
Many students are struggling to pay for essentials as we slowly recover from the coronavirus pandemic. Others can’t afford to buy the books and equipment they need to finish their studies.
Victoria University understands how important education is to achieving potential, and that access to a scholarship can help make that happen.
Each year, they award hundreds of scholarships worth millions of dollars for students at all levels – TAFE (certificates and diplomas), undergraduate (bachelor degrees and honours) and postgraduate.
VU scholarships provide financial and practical assistance for students to get a head start.
In great news, a generous VU supporter has offered to DOUBLE all gifts donated to the Asylum Seeker Scholarship Fund or the Student Support Appeal up to $40,000 by 20 December.
Asylum Seeker Scholarships Fund: Help courageous and determined asylum seekers by donating to a TAFE scholarship program that provides students with a pathway to a university degree. With no financial support from government, this scholarship helps asylum seeker students better cope with financial, emotion and mental hardship.
Student Support Appeal: Your generous donation will help a student who can’t pay rent or even buy food, as well as help them pay for a laptop or a stethoscope.
With matched funding, donations will be leveraged to ensure the following:
Student Support Fund:
- $50 will become $100 to provide an emergency grant for food and essentials for TWO students struggling to pay the bills.
- $100 becomes $200 for textbooks or a Wi-Fi dongle for TWO students so they can keep studying.
- $250 will become $500 to help TWO students pay their rent so they’re not left without a place to live.
Asylum Seeker Scholarship:
- $50 will become $100 and help TWO students pay for public transport.
- $200 becomes $400 and will TWO students pay for a laptop.
- $500 will become $1000 and help TWO students pay for accommodation
For more than 100 years, Victoria University (VU) has offered accessible education to students in Melbourne’s west and beyond.
VU is one of only six universities in Australia to offer courses in both TAFE and higher education. From certificates to diplomas, degrees and postgraduate courses, you can begin your studies at any point and pathway between courses to achieve your goals, regardless of your starting point.
Our flexible approach to learning and teaching supports our strategic plan.
We aim to continue creating positive outcomes for education, industry and our community into the future.
TOTAL BUDGET: $80,000
|Private VU supporter||$40,000|
|Funding gap (unconfirmed)||$40,000|
Support Victoria University’s Student Scholarships
Got a question about this project or ready to contribute? Contact our Philanthropy & Impact Team.
DOES YOUR PROJECT NEED FUNDING TOO?
As a broker of change, we invite social change initiatives to apply for funding. Eligible proposals are shared with our giving community via our Granting Opportunities directory.